Oakland will MARCH on California’s Cesar Chavez Holiday — Monday, April 1, 2013 — to demand FULL CITIZENSHIP RIGHTS FOR ALL! These are our demands:
- FULL CITIZENSHIP RIGHTS for all people who live here, go to school here, work here, and otherwise contribute to this society. Latina/o, black, Asian, Arab, Native American, white, immigrants with and without papers — we are ALL Americans.
- OPEN THE BORDERS — give people the same rights that NAFTA provides to the corporations for unrestricted passage across borders.
- NO RESTRICTIONS to gaining citizenship should be placed on young people brought by their parents.
- NO FINES for the millions of people without papers who are here now. No more deportations.
- CLEAR, DEFINITE TIMELINES should be set for people to gain citizenship — not indefinite probation.
- Pass the DREAM Act Now!